Thursday, March 6, 2014

The FUN never ends!!

The other night, I was getting ready for travel, so I was cleaning out under the sink.  Now, I have been cleaning up water from around the faucet and had thought, yep we need a new faucet, because this one is old, and its not exactly one that I liked.  I do prefer the ones with a knob for hot and one for cold, the one that came with the RV was the one handle sort that you have to adjust and I never really can get it just right.  So while cleaning out under the sink, I found damp cloth, and told Terry we need to replace said faucet.


Today he was out and about, and came home with a replacement.  My 24 year old son is here with us, so he, being much younger and a lot more limber than we are, was put to work.  And that my friends is where the adventure begins.....first off, I have no idea how long this old fixture has been in place....a long time probably, so he broke off a couple of tabs on the nuts that hold the faucet down.  He then took all the plumbing apart so he could get a better grip on the nut, and boom, he got the old fixture out, and BOOM....issue 1 emerged.  ( I hate to think that our misadventures are now involving my child, but what can you do?)  The water lines are one with the faucet, we need more parts....lol, as usual just our luck.  We need to replace water line going to the faucet...its all good, not a difficult thing.  

Then after getting the parts and pieces, issue 2 rears its ugly head.....the darn faucet wont fit the holes.....time to get the drill out, thank goodness that was a 3 second fix....its amazing to us how a 30 minute job turns into a 4 hour one!!

We replaced a part on the generator, haven't tested it yet, so hopefully, our problems with that are now over, we shall see....I swear, if it were not for bad luck......

No comments:

Post a Comment